Friday, March 28, 2008

OOPS upside the head, I said OOPS upside the head!


There she was, sitting on the stairs, cute little Egyptian Mau with bright green eyes and huge feet! I could tell she was going to be very entertaining, she just had this attitude about her. There were all these little Maus running around wanting to play with her, but Nefertari kept her distance. When I brought out the little mouse that I had for her, she snatched it right out of my hand and ran under the table with it, as if to say "mine, mine, mine!" She eventually came back out from under the table and settled down enough for me to pick her up........I propped her over my shoulder when she promptly pushed away from me and then proceeded to WAP me upside the head! THWACK!!! I said "WHOA, she's going to kick Alexs' ASS! Then Marie-Christine said, "yes, yes that one, she is a pistol" "Greeeeaaaaat" I thought. Mike just stood there grinning, I could tell he was proud to have such a feisty cat joining our family!

Soon it was time to go, we said our good byes and back to Paris we went with Nefertari (Tari). She was very comfortable in the car and even in the hotel room. She settled in, after a huge dinner of crunchies, for a long nap. The next day we flew home to Naples, again, she was no problemo on the plane. We started discussing the plan for introducing her to Alex and Coco, we thought it would be best to keep her in the guest room for a bit and let them sniff each other under the door.

We followed our plan, but Tari doesn't like being told what to do, soooooooo out she came! Poor Alex was waiting in the hall and boy did he (and the neighbors) get an ear full! No cat fight, just a lot of hissing and howling. Then as if to say "I'm glad that's over" Tari and Alex began to warm up to each other. Coco was just happy to have a lap to sit on again and didn't really care that there was another cat in the house.

No comments: